Tuesday 6 June 2017

Return to Cotswold Wildlife Park



This was a revisit to Cotswold Wildlife park, one place my Wife & I like to visit every so often



One of the first places to go was the ring  tailed Lemur enclosure 




They were not the only ones using the enclosure either



Mongoose




having a good sniff around

Above my favourite Otters, I wrote a blog on them a few weeks back.



On the right Prairie Dogs





He was quite happy in his home




While this one looked out of the burrow





This gang of looked very serious



watching every move you made




Penguin time, they really swim fast under water



Is this side better



Pygmy Mongoose



Keeping a lookout.


The porcupine another blog I wrote recently




It was bigger than I thought, around the size of a small dog





Bonus was it had young who came out for a look around as well



Snow Leopard



One of my wife's favourite animals to see was the Giraffe



they look so graceful when they walk



But this one stuck out it's tongue


The Lion watching over his pride 




Lioness looking on




Humpty back Camels, other one on the right was very young when we last came here




Watching the visitors



The White Rhino





again last time I came the one on the left was very small




Zebras




Above adult Rhino while below you can see the other rhino that has grown up



Another photo featured was these turtles on a log


This Egyptian duck was having a great time splashing





finally spreading out it's wings

Peacock displaying it's tail feathers



The Peahen or Guinean Foul, has to be the nosiest critter I know of.  A local farmer used to keep they and you could hear them all over the village


Sleeping Wallaby

and a  Coypu


These were being fed but some one who paid for a day with a keeper






Coypu again



In the pet area and a flop eared Buny




above a goat who looks not too pleased, On the right one of the cows in the pet area

I'll leave you with this shot of a red panda asleep, I've not been able to get a good shot of them for the last two visits I had. Maybe next time.  
If you want to see my last visit and the Small Rhinos then check out the link

No comments:

Post a Comment