Saturday 5 July 2014

Greys Court



Greys court is a Tudor country house which is situated not far from Henley and only up the road from where I live. I had heard of the place but had never visted till now. I went along with my wife one Sunday and was impressed with what I saw. All the photos today are from the outside as we were not allowed to take any photos inside..





  This is a stitch photo of one of the buildings through the arch







 This part was closed of to people for H&S reasons






















These are part of the outer walls of the house as it was a defended manor house. The tower I thought was from a church but it was one of the watch towers the hose had

Part of the remaining our walls






















I like the way it has been landscaped with flower beds


Nice onamental pond in the tower garden






Which as you can see was full of water lillies









Another view of Greys Court
 Anyway up the tower this way





Looking down on the building sin the stitch photo






Weather vane






The walled gardens





View across the countryside







Another of the house









 Back to earth and after walking round the house you come out by the plaque above






which is on the left here
 You can see a whole load of these little flellows




on top of the wall beside the house






Side view of the house





Nice oriental bridge








 The place also has one of the few remaining donkey opperated wheels in the country, hav eto admit it is one big wheel and it is to lif water from a well





Nice deep well to fall in but don't worry it does have a cage over the top





A must for me now is stopping off for a cup of coffee.Glad to say it ws not that busy here when we visited










Well that concluds my tour of Greys Court, hope you enjoyed it. Check out the National Trust Website for more details.

2 comments:

  1. Great photos Bill! Grey's Court looks like a fascinating place to walk around and one I have truly enjoyed thanks to your wonderful photos.

    Thank you also for visiting my blog and my father-in-law's D-Day trip to Normandy post. I know it will give him a lots of pleasure to read your very kind comments

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely place to spend a day

    ReplyDelete